We live in an era of Youtubers. On the Google video platform, 100 hours of videos are uploaded per minute and their viewing reaches 6 billion hours per month. From a technology point of view, it is very easy to watch videos. Creating them takes more effort, but it is still within reach of anyone who has a computer with a digital camera. For the recording of face-to-face classes, today there are systems designed to focus both on the teacher and on the blackboard. If what we have is an online seminar, there are also solutions to live record and share it easily.
Modern-day devices which are very advanced state from the initial stages offers a great chance of generating audio and visual effects which enhance the feasibility of just learning through recorded sessions. Despite their advantages, recorded sessions have their own drawbacks as well. The main point is that the doubts that arise in the minds of students, are not often clarified. Another thing is that it is not possible to communicate with the others who are also viewing that session. Recorded sessions even fail to address the lack of clarity in the audio visuals. Let us go through some of the greatest audio-visual innovations which support training through live streaming.
HD which is Hi definition visual facility provided by latest video streaming devices. The top-quality streaming cameras can deliver the 4K Ultra HD video, which will offer more throughput to live learning.
For ordinary camera recorded sessions, there was a limitation of storage. The person who records the video has to plan about the duration and prepare a well-defined storyboard to deliver the session as the storage limitation can occur any time during the major instances. The modern-day live learning has enhanced support of cloud or online storage by which the streaming videos can be accessed at any point of time to refer.
Modern-day live streaming classrooms have special enhanced support of interactive sessions. By this way, the teacher and students can interact with each other at any point in time.
Today the enhanced features of technology enable video encoding. An encoder is a software that can compress and convert the audio and the video signal captured in video device. This will help to convert the video to a web-friendly format. This will help the persons broadcasting easier as the traditional recording devices have high volume bulky video formats.
Almost all the latest trending streaming camera devices will support enhanced audio recording and transmission. Apart from hardware audio enhancement, there are inbuilt software audio sharpening and noise cancellation features which enhances the video with pure audio quality.
If we look at the most popular e-learning offers today, many of them known under the name MOOC (Massive Open Online Course). The “class” is the most common pedagogical technique in education and training, be it in schools, universities or continuous training courses.
THE ADVANTAGES FOR THE LEANER
For those who learn, the advantages of having the live streaming of the classes of a course are numerous.
1. It is a known fact that the kind of attention that is necessary to learn wanes after the first 10-15 minutes for recorded videos. The live streaming videos allow assimilating a class in several sessions of adequate attention. Even the teacher could crack jokes or make it more attractive by changing topics.
2. Learning also requires repetition, impossible if the class is not available in an easily reproducible format.
3. Modern-day Live Video enables even people with insufficient language proficiency to grasp it all at once to benefit from the classes.
4. The video also allows you to stop taking notes and be able to dedicate more optimal attention during the live class, for example, to think and ask questions.
5. Having Live training video classes leads to more autonomous learning, guided by the learner himself, rather than the teacher.
THE ADVANTAGES FOR THOSE WHO TEACH
1. The consumption of classes in digital media brings the advantages and challenges of digital analytics to the field of training. Hence, learning analytics is an emerging discipline today.
2. Obtaining information on when the students stop the video, which parts are highly viewed and which parts hardly, allow the teacher to discover the strengths and weaknesses of the exposure to improve it. This is a type of information that is difficult to obtain in analogue form.
3. It should be mentioned, however, that from both learning and ethics and privacy, people should know which of their interactions with the videos will be analyzed and for what purposes.